Behind the Bones
Friday, February 15, 2019
SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology is proud to announce "Behind the Bones: An Exclusive Tour Experience!"
Friday, February 15th
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join us for a guided tour of the SKELETONS collection, with special hands-on access to the specimens on display, and even some that are unavailable to the general public! Enjoy exclusive photo opportunities, insider information and informal Q&A with our Museum Educators as they guide your visit.
After the 60 minute tour, go inside the Africa Exhibit to take photos with a 1,500 lb African Elephant skeleton!
"Behind the Bones" Exclusive Interactions Include:
- Hold and examine replica human skulls with a variety of pathologies. These specimens are not on display to the public!
- Let live Flesh Eating Dermestid Beetles crawl over your hand as you feed them! (Don't worry, they're actually harmless.)
- Hold and examine real animal skulls with a variety of pathologies. These specimens are not on display to the public!
- Hold and examine the skulls, bones and fur of animals on display in the museum, including: Brazilian Tapir, African Lion, West Indian Manatee, Okapi, Giraffe and many more!
All "Behind the Bones" participants receive a FREE collector's badge and lanyard!
Event Tickets Include:
- All Day Museum Admission
- 60 Minute Guided Tour
- Exclusive Touch Tables
- African Elephant Photo Op
- Museum Educator Interaction
- Free Collector's Badge
- Free Garage Parking
- Free Scavenger Hunts